French Polynesia opened up to international tourism on July 15th and is one of the few countries that is open to the US right now, albeit with strict entry & stay requirements. Here is my guide on all the entry requirements to travel to French Polynesia.
What has been the no 1 destination on your bucket list ? For me it’s always been Bora Bora and to be honest, very specifically the iconic Four Seasons Bora Bora. This luxury island resort has been on my wanderlust list since forever and I am beyond grateful that we had the opportunity to not only visit but also partner with them during our recent trip to French Polynesia. A total dream come true!
Postcards at every corner
The idyllic palm fringed resort sits on its own little private motu and is best accessed by the resort’s private boat that will pick you up from the Bora Bora airport.
The FS Bora Bora boat
Dreamy views for days
Lead with Care Covid 19 Safety Updates :
Before I get to recapping my stay at the property I also wanted to share some new updates that FS Bora Bora is doing with regards to operating amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora continues to ensure that guest and employee health and safety remains to be their top priority. Four Seasons has launched an enhanced global health and safety program, called “LEAD WITH CARE”. With the resort also being at a 30% capacity we felt very safe during our entire stay here. Few changes that we noticed :
- Check in : contactless and an easy check in.
- Safety care kits : Our rooms were equipped with safety care packages that had masks, wipes and hand sanitizers.
- App : the Four Seasons App and Chat provides guests with real-time, contactless interactions with employees 24/7 from their own device on nine global platforms and in 100+ different languages. This reduced person to person interactions as much as possible. I was literally on chat all day with them (from concierge to front desk to room service) and they were super efficient in getting everything I wanted to make my stay comfortable.
- Mask policy : All the resort staff wore masks, while guests have the choice to wear them or not while on the resort. The only place it was required to be worn was public indoor spaces on the property and in any public spaces like ferry transfers, airports, etc
- Digital contactless menus : my favorite updates in the restaurants, spa and in room services ! So easy to scan a QR code with your phone and order food, spa services, in room services, activities, etc.
- Contactless Housekeeping : For housekeeping and turn down services, we were given the option to call in and let them know when the staff could come into our villa, while we were either outside the room entirely or on the deck of our villa.
- Hand Sanitizers : plenty of hand sanitizing stations throughout the property.
- Social distancing measures embedded in all services for guest protection, including appropriately spaced tables in restaurants, fitness equipment in the gym, modified spa menu and services,etc,
- Breakfast A la carte : for breakfast there was no buffet option; everything was on the a-la-carte menu. The only thing that was on the buffet were packaged juices, individually wrapped fruit plates and fresh coconuts.
- Other measures : periodic deep cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants at all public spaces.
Now onto recapping our memorable stay at FS Bora Bora ! The resort has two pontoons of overwater bungalows (with different views) as well as 2 and 3 bedroom villa estates for larger groups or families. This pontoon was SO picturesque – with 360 degree views of the lagoon, island and mountain all around.
Can never get over these magical pontoon walkways!
We stayed in a One Bedroom Otemanu view overwater bungalow suite and it was spectacular! The spacious suite was very tastefully decorated with a separate living room, bedroom and large bathroom. It also had an outdoor deck with lounge chairs, dining chairs, direct access to the azure lagoon and an insane view of Mount Otemanu.
Perfect agenda for a rainy morning in paradise
Sunrise over Mount Otemanu
Our beautiful overwater bungalow suite
FS Bora Bora has so many incredible dining options to choose from – fine French dining at Ari Moana, casual toes in the sand dining at Fare Hoa, semi casual dining at their Asian fusion restaurant Vaimiti , Tere Nui for breakfast and La roulette – the cutest ice cream roulette (food truck). If you are celebrating a special occasion – you can also opt for trying out their private dinners (where they set it up on a little private little islet) or try their breakfast canoe setup. As I mentioned earlier, regular breakfasts were now an all you can eat Breakfast a-la-carte at Tere Nui and the spread was superb! I got the French toast and fresh passion fruit juice everyday – best I have had in my life!
A-la-carte Breakfast at Tere Nui
We also loved the Asian fusion at Vaimiti, the ambiance and food made it such a memorable evening. On some nights of the week they also have a Fish house at Fare Hoa for dinner (toes in the sand dining), I highly recommend the seafood here – it was a culinary experience I will never forget, so so good! Lastly you can’t leave without a visit or two to the cutest ice cream and cold drinks roulette. It was the perfect way to beat a hot afternoon in paradise – get the coconut ice cream it is to die for!
Ice cream Roulette – the yummiest afternoon treat on a hot day.
BEACH & POOL :
The main beach area in FS is a literal dream! Whether you choose to nap under the palapa, swim in the warm lagoon or stroll along the long picturesque sandy strip this would be a beach day for the books!
Scenes from the main beach at FS Bora Bora
Twirling in paradise!
There is also a lagoon beach area, near the lagoon backwaters which is so quaint! I love love this little tropical spot. The resort has an incredibly biodiverse environment. The front of the resort faces the main beach and mountain while the back of the resort looks like you stepped into a whole other paradise. This is the tranquil lagoon backwaters and perhaps my favorite part of the entire property! Aside from the stunning scenery all around, it also had all the exotic reef fish and colorful coral!
Lagoon Beach area
The pool area is right next to the beach too and has these dreamy cabanas perfect for an afternoon siesta.
Main Pool area
Hammock or cabana – take your pick!
OTHER ACTIVITIES :
There are so many activities to choose to spend your time in paradise. They offer complimentary water activities like snorkeling, standup paddle boarding, canoeing, etc. The lagoon is incredibly rich in marine life and is a fantastic place to snorkel and make new friends with all the colorful tropical fish!
Lagoon Backwaters at FS Bora Bora
SO many colorful fish at your footsteps
Other activities include – spa, fitness room, underwater adventures, sunset cruises, private excursions on the main Bora Bora lagoon and so much more. The concierge is super helpful and will help you tailor your vacation to the way you want it to be.
This luxury resort was nothing short of a dream come true! Even with it being one of the most expensive resorts in French Polynesia, I would 1000% recommend it cos nothing comes close to the Four Seasons hospitality that I have experienced in the past in many other FS properties like in Nevis, Maui, etc. This would be such a great location for a wedding, honeymoon, a bucket list vacay or simply a dream escape. They have a fantastic offer going on for travel from now to March 2022 ( perfect for now or later if you aren’t ready to travel in this new era just as yet). If you book 5 nights, you will get a 2000 Euro credit to use towards all resort incidentals, which is amazing! Usually with reservations (like in ours), breakfast is included, so you can use the credit towards resort experiences, including dining, spa, activities and more.
GET INSPIRED TO VISIT FS BORA BORA!
My absolute favorite spot in the resort!
Palm fringed tropical heaven
Love how lush the entire resort is!
Endless walks along the beach
You and me by the sea x
I am eternally grateful that we got the chance to experience this dream luxury resort. I cant wait to be pack there someday soon!
Shop my looks :
Also be sure to check out my TRAVEL GUIDE TO BORA BORA for more details on how to plan a trip to this bucklet list destination!
Thanks for stopping by! xoxo
Thank you to Four Seasons Bora Bora for hosting us on our recent visit to Bora Bora. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.