The temperatures here in California still sure feels a whole lot like summer and I am not complaining! While I am absolutely loving the warm weather, I know that it is going to instantly get chilly in a few weeks, so I have all my fall essentials in order, so that I am all prepped in cute outfits when fall is actually here. Trends come and go, and I try to experiment with certain trends that I am feeling every season. But there are certain essentials that I reach back to come every autumn season; here are my top 10 fall essentials :
1 ) Cozy Knits : I feel like this is the quintessential fall essential everyone needs in their wardrobe. Literally the first thing that comes to mind when I think of “fall fashion” is a snuggly oversized knit that is comfy and cozy, perfect for lounging by the fire sipping on hot cocoa or a weekend brunch date.
2) Cute headwear – As you know, I am a huge hat lover! I have quite the collection of straw and raffia hats for summer; but also love love wool beanies and felt hats for fall. A cute accessory like a hat can totally take an outfit to a whole other level. This year, aside from the regular hat I am also loving leiutenant hats, headwraps and the beret. I only tried a beret for the first time while shopping last week and I am now officially hooked! Cant wait to share the look.
3) Bold lips : Like I spoke about in this post, my favorite beauty accent in a fall look is a bold lip. Check out the carousel for my faves.
4) Booties : Another fave essential in anyone’s fall wardrobe is a fun little bootie. I have lost count on the number of booties I own haha, but I do love a classy black or brown bootie as it is something you will get a lot of usage out of as you can pair it with a ton of different looks. I also love a good statement bootie like this Seychelles one below that can elevate any simple outfit.
5) Rich textures – When the weather gets cooler I love wearing all the luxe fabrics like velvet and suede, they suit the mood of the season so well. Velvet was super big last year trend wise, and this year too this gorgeous texture is everywhere from clothing to shoes to accessories.
6) Pretty Plaid – The print that epitomises fall is undoubtedly plaid. It will never go out of style and can be so easily dressed up or down ; perfect for a fun fall activity like apple picking or a visit to the pumpkin patch.
7) Dark Florals – Being the floral print lover that I am, I love wearing this feminine print even in the fall/winter ; but in dark moody color palettes.
8) Denim – Denim for fall? Groundbreaking haha! A 365-24-7 essential for most of us, but every fall/winter I love to invest in a good quality pair of jeans as I know that I will wear it on repeat all season long.
9) Statement and classic jackets – This is definitely the piece that really pulls together your entire outfit. When it comes to classics, my top 3 outerwear must haves are a leather jacket, a parka jacket and a camel coat. For statement jackets it all depends on my mood – but I do love a good bomber, faux fur/fuzzy jacket and a leopard coat!
10) Moisturizer Baby! – This should probably be no 1 but come winter, dry skin and hair can be a major issue. I overload on all the moisturizer and take extra care for my skin and hair in cooler months. Check out my winter beauty moisturizing essentials below.
Thanks for stopping by! xoxo