Since I go to the beach so often, I decided to quickly share with you some of my absolute essentials when it comes to Beach Beauty. I like to keep my makeup simple and natural, cos after all you are going to the beach to have some fun in the sun ; the last thing you want is sweaty melting makeup!
Most of the products are from Bare Minerals, which is one of all time fave makeup brands. All product links are in the description below. Here are my quick steps for a natural beach makeup look
- I always start off with a clean and dry face. As for my facewash, serum and moisturizer – I swear by the holy trio from Bare Minerals. See more in my post here. 2. Next I apply the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue cream. Think of this baby as a combination of a bb, cc and tinted moisturizer in one! It is a tinted gel cream and works wonders even when worn alone and keeps your face looking soft and hydrated. There are some days that I step out just wearing this, not kidding! It also has SPF in it so you are all set with face sun protection as well. 3. For concealer, I always color correct first using a correcting concealer (also has SPF!) and then add the Bareskin concealer over that.
4. As for foundation for the beach, its upto you to skip it completely or use a lighter based one. I love love the Bareskin brightening serum foundation, it is super lightweight and not as thick as my regular foundation that I use for photoshoots or other events. But for a daily use or a casual occasion like the beach – the Bareskin is the way to go! It provides the most natural and flawless looking finish without looking cakey at all, thanks to its serum consistency. The brush I am using is Perfecting face brush which is my fave face makeup brush.
5. For the eyes, I like to keep it simple. I added a light + dark shadow from my custom Buxom palette, but I also love this basic palette from Bare Minerals that is a great everyday wear palette. After sweeping a light amount of eyeshadow, I just line by eyes using the Lash Domination Liner (which is super precise for drawing clean lines) and finish off with 1-2 coats of the Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara, which also has a separate product for bottom lashes (the brush is lot more precise for fine lower lashes). Last step for eyes – dont forget to fill your brows! I love the gimme brow by Benefit.
6. Next, I set my makeup with a Translucent setting powder. I recently tried the Bare Minerals Invisible Light Translucent powder duo and I am obsessed! This is definitely a must have in every makeup bag! It has two distinct, advanced translucent setting powders – matte and glow Matte absorbs oil and creates an even, long lasting, youthful looking finish, while Glow is infused with rose gold pearls and adds sheer luminosity for highlighting. I sweep matte lightly all over and then dab a little bit of glow on the parts of my face I want to highlight like my cheekbones, bridge of my nose, in between my brows and cupids bow. I love this two sided brush which is perfect for this product. It is also a great contour/highlight brush.
7. I skip on heavy highlighting and contouring for the beach, but do not skip on my fave blush and a light illuminator. I love the Becca beach tint souffle which is a cream blush – it gives you a rosy flush of color and comes in a bunch of pretty colors. I also love love the Pur cosmetics sun kissed glow highlighting palette – again great to smear with fingers over cheekbones, inner corner of eyes, bridge of nose, cupids bow and browbone.
8. For bronzer, I sweep a few drops of the Bare Skin Serum Bronzer for a natural sunkissed beach glow finish. This product is the bomb dot com period – it is lightweight and looks great on most skin tones.
10. Lastly and most importantly, I spray sunscreen all over (and reapply after a few hours too!) and then add the Kopari Coconut Body Glow on my body for a overall bronzed look! Read more about Kopari in my post here.
And yay you are beach ready!
Dress – c/o Pitusa
Bare mineral products – c/o Bare Minerals
Thanks for stopping by!