Boho festival styles are always a personal fave and whether or not I am going for a concert I always dress like its festival season all year along, for the most part! Lulus is one of my favorite places online to shop for the best boho festival looks, as its an easy one stop shop for me to create an entire look from head to toe.
Some tips that I keep in mind while creating festival looks for Coachella or any music festival :
1. Comfort is key : you want to choose something that is light, airy and breezy so that you can be comfortable all day along while grooving along to your favorite beats. I personally love a little sundress like this Amuse Society number . The print on it is so perfect for the desert , dont you think?! Another comfy favorite of mine is definitely a cute romper , love this one from Lulus as well, it is very similar to my dress.
2. Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize : Festival time is the one time you can bring out all your creativity . And what better way to play with creativity than by being bold and making a statement with fun accessories right? Wrap around collar necklaces are huge this season and I love this gorgeous suede + gold one by Lulus. It happens to be sold out but I also love this one! More the merrier while accessorizing for concerts! So I also threw in this beautiful coin waist belt, which makes such a soothing sound as you sway. Want to go bolder? Try a headchain or a body armor (instead of the choker) – Lovee !
3. Sun protection : I chose to add this as a tip in this series, as its easy to ignore how tiring it can be while being out in the sun all day. Don’t forget to pack your sunscreen and a nice wide brim hat like this Billabong one that can keep you looking and feeling cool all day long. Also your sunnies will be your bff on a hot day, love this reflective pair that you can pair with so many looks!
4. An essential bag : While choosing a bag for your festival look, you want to choose something thats not too big and bulky, but something thats small enough to carry along all your essentials. I love this tan crossbody , it is super cute and roomy enough to stash away all my basics. Want to be handsfree? A chic backpack like this fringed one is a great option to carry along.
5. Smart shoes : Again choosing a stylish + comfortable pair of shoes will help you be chic ( and blister-free !) all day. Gladiator sandals are a fun option, but if you choose to be close toed to avoid getting stepped on , go for a pair of casual booties or espadrilles. And if you cant live without being in your heels, I would say wedges or platform sandals are the best option.
At the end of the day, you are going to a music festival after all! Choose something that you can move in and of course something that is really you and fits your style best.
Dress – c/o Lulus
Bag – c/o Lulus
Shoes – c/o Lulus
Necklace – c/o Lulus (sold out, also love this one)
Belt – c/o Lulus
Hat – c/o Lulus
Happy festival shopping! Thanks for stopping by! xoxo
4 thoughts on “Festival Fashion Tips with Lulus”
Wonderful outfit and beautiful photos! 🙂 Really love your blog! 🙂 x
If I was doing a campaign for festival wear, you’d be the first person to come to mind! You are great at this style!
the lighting in these photos is beautiful!
I’m loving how you styled this look. Head to toe perfection xx, Erin – http://www.stylebythepeople.com