My favorite go-to hairstyle that I wear almost 90% of the time is easy and messy beach waves. In this post, I’m going to share with you a few easy steps to achieve this breezy and sexy effortless look., using the Sultra 1 inch bombshell curling rod.
- I always prep my hair with a heat protectant atleast a good half hour before I style it, so that my hair is completely dry when I style it. I also prefer to curl my hair on second day hair so that the curl stays in better because of the texture:). But if you prefer to curl the day you wash your hair, the Living Proof Instant texture mist works wonders in adding great texture to your hair. I use it before curling, regardless the day I have washed my hair.
2. Clip hair in 4 big sections from front to back and ear to ear – 2 in the front and 2 at the back as shown. And then put on your glove to prevent any burns.
3. Starting with the first section, take large sections of hair and start curling it on the wand away from your face. Position the wand behind the section. Wrap the hair around the barrel from the root to the tip, leaving the ends.
4. Hold for 10-12 seconds and release slowly in your hand. Repeat along the entire section always taking large sections.
5. After each section finish off with a light hairspray like the Living proof flex hairspray to hold the style in place.
6. Repeat the same for all the other sections.
7. Gently brush the curls out or finger comb to tousle it and give it that sexy undone look.
Iron – c/o Sultra Beauty
Texture mist – Living proof
Heat protectant – Chi
Setting hairspray – Living proof
Dress – Lulus (similar here)
Hope you liked this tutorial! Please let me know if you have any questions in the comments below. Thanks for stopping by. xx