The beautiful rose has a host of natural skincare benefits. Rosewater has been one of the oldest skincare products due to its properties of being a mild astringent and hence makes a wonderful homemade face toner for most skin types. Other benefits of this amazing elixir :
- It has a ton of antioxidants and vitamins (like vitamin C, carotene, B group vitamins and vitamin K) that helps the skin look fresh and supple.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of rosewater helps treat acne.
- Its antiseptic properties make it a great cleanser and help remove oil,dirt and other grime.
- It helps maintain the pH balance of the skin.
- It prevents aging by tightening skin pores and even reducing wrinkles.
- It works as a refreshing and fragrant face mist and even a makeup setting spray.
It is super-easy to make your own Rosewater at home! Here are the ingredients you would need :
- 2 Roses (would fill a small spritzer bottle and lasts in the refrigerator for 3-4 weeks) For color use darker colored roses; for no color use lighter ones.
- Distilled water (available in most department stores)
- A large vessel
- A sterilized storage spritzer bottle
- Wash the rose petals under cold water.
- Place the rose petals in the vessel with distilled water (room temperature) to soak it and place a ramekin in the center.
- Place the lid upside down over the vessel and put some ice on the lid. Heat over medium to low heat. This helps the rosewater to condense on the inner side of the lid and flow into the ramekin. Continue heating until the rose petals have lost most of their color.
- Pour the rosewater into a storage bottle and place it in the refrigerator.
- Application : You can do this 1-2 times a day. Use a cotton ball and apply the cold rose water, after a cleanser, on a clean dry face, in upward strokes. Follow this with a face moisturizer. (So the order is cleaner-toner-moisturizer)
Have a great day! Thanks for stopping by. xoxo